Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

So... I set up this blog long ago with the intention of adding to it regularly.  I was also hoping to create some CCSS materials for TPT.  But, I spend so much time at work that I can't justify blogging when I get home.  My husband and I just celebrated our 24th wedding anniversary!!!  Whoohoo!  However, it is difficult to carve out time together.  I have recently seen some bloggers expressing their own feelings of being overwhelmed.  There just isn't time to get everything done, and done well.

I will be honest.  When I first started reading blogs posted by other educators, I was energized and inspired, but also wondered how all these great people hold it all together.   How do they have time to create these great resources, blog, teach, and have family time?  Why can't I make that happen, too?  I would like to thank those of you who have shared your honest feelings about the struggles of being the educator you know you could be.  I feel more connected.

Don't get me wrong. I am usually a cup-half- full kind of person, and I love teaching.  I cannot imagine my future without some connection to educating children.  It is just important to remember that we cannot always be everything to everyone.  So, to my fellow educators- I challenge you to do something kind for yourself today and every day.  Know that you are fantastic.  Accept that there are limitations.  Embrace every day as another opportunity to do your best. Most importantly, take a moment to view yourself through the eyes of your students.  They will always keep you on the right path. :)

Kelly

1 comment:

  1. Happy anniversary!!! And I totally get the whole "overwhelmed" feeling…trying to balance school, family, creating resources, and just life in general can get a little crazy!

    ReplyDelete