Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Getting Started

Today, I spent some time reading the kind-hearted comments of my new followers.  I am up to four!<3 I think that's pretty special, since I haven't really even gotten my feet wet yet. :)  I will respond to each of you soon!  Thank you very much for your support.

I started this blog because I have been so inspired by teachers around the country who share what they do every day to enrich the lives of their students as well as their global colleagues.  I really wanted to be a part of this special group.  To get myself going, I began looking for ways to make my work stand out and be worthy of that of my newly found community.  I began educating myself about the use of clip-art and other images.  I  quickly found that it can be expensive to subscribe to different sites, and that I may not really find what I am looking to incorporate into my work.  Then, I stumbled upon a wonderful site, http://www.mycutegraphics.com created by Laura Strickland.  She has generously granted us permission to use her graphics in our work.  I feel a bit silly, because I am probably sharing something you all know already, but if not, click on over.  Her graphics are terrific, and her support of teachers is amazing.  Thank you, Laura.

I hope to have some items to share soon.  No doubt, they will include Laura's graphics.

No comments:

Post a Comment