Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Like so many of you, Common Core State Standards will be fully implemented in my state beginning with the 2013-2014 school year. In preparation for that, my district has created a report card based on CCSS. We have also been making gradual curricula changes for the last two school years.

 As an elementary school teacher, that adds up to a lot of changes! I know I am not alone when I express my concern for how to make this all happen for my students. This blog is intended to be my outlet for expressing and sharing my journey as I strive to be the best educator I can be for my students.

 I have also recently fallen in love with Pinterest and Teachers Pay Teachers. If you are unfamiliar with these sites, drop what you are doing and check them out now. I have gained a wealth of great ideas and resources, many at no cost,  for my classroom this year. There are so many talented and giving educators out there.  Thank you to all who contribute.  One other amazing resource I have found is an online lesson plan book at Planbook.com.  It is extremely user-friendly and comes complete with a CCSS drop down menu board for all of your planning needs. It is a super easy way to keep track of all those standards we need to incorporate into our lessons.  You can try it for free!  I highly recommend it.

Thanks for stopping in.


4 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogging! I hope you love it as much as I do. It has been so encouraging to see how much we can help and inspire each other to do and be the best for our kiddos each day.

    I am happy to be your first follower. I would love for you to hop over and visit me when you get the chance. =)

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Heather! I love your blog and truly appreciate the kind words. You have it exactly right, in my opinion- We have to get to the hearts of our students first. Many children come to us will open hearts, but there are always some who desperately need to feel safe and loved long before we can expect high academic performance.

    Happy Blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I just found your ADORABLE blog from TPT. I'm nominating you for a Liebster Award. This is for bloggers with 200 or less followers. That's you and me! It's a great way to get your name and blog out there. Stop back to my blog for more information!
    Lauren
    http://dogdaysofthirdgrade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to stop by and say that I am your newest follower! I began blogging this year and it's so much fun! It's great to hear from teachers across the country...the world! :) Hopefully you can come on over to my blog sometime too! :D Happy teaching! Third grade ROCKS!

    ReplyDelete